Updated (8 June ’17) version now available here.
A little over a month ago I posted the last 2017 Consolidated Crowd Calendar not really planning to work the 2018 version for another month or so. However, there seems to be a huge uptick in the demand for just that (so says statistics). With that, I offer the first 2018 WDW Consolidated Crowd Calendar. I plan to update it again in about three months(ish).

First, here it is in all it’s utilitarian, data-heavy, glory! (But made to look better than the last one.) Jump below the image for voodoo behind the aggregated data (and links to it).

2018 WDW Consolidated Crowd Calendar

Here are the six sites (and links) that I used to get my final numbers. Note that only two of them have the full year, two have the first few months, and two haven’t published their 2018 predictions yet. Again, I’ll update this in about three months with the latest data as it’s always changing.

For those of you interested in how the data work out you can view the raw data directly on Google Sheets or get the Excel file.

To sum up what you’d see in the data; I convert all the differing sites to a five (5) point scale and then a simple average on them. When we were planning our trip last year it was driving me mad that all the sites had slightly different data and thus was born the aggregated crowd calendar.

I used to try and tell people when it was best to go, but really, the data speaks for itself. Happy planning all. And if I’ve missed a great site to use please let me know.

Bonus #1: You can check out the historical WDW weather data from The Weather Channel.

Bonus #2: Here’s the 2018 Federal Holidays list:

• Jan 1 New Year’s Day
  • Jan 15 Martin Luther King Day
  • Feb 19 Presidents’ Day
  • May 28 Memorial Day
  • Jul 4 Independence Day
  • Sep 3 Labor Day
  • Aug 4 Coast Guard’s Birthday (ok, not a fed holiday, but good info to know)
  • Oct 8 Columbus Day
  • Nov 11 Veterans Day
  • Nov 12 Veterans Day (observed)
  • Nov 22 Thanksgiving Day
  • Dec 25 Christmas Day

Photo Credit: Luis Brizzante via Flickr

ryan

A father of five and husband of one. This is my personal site. Cheers!

14 Comments

Alex Pucci · 30 Mar 2017 at 23:19

My family is thinking about planning a trip on either April 20th – 28th or April 27th- May 5th 2018. Do you have an idea of which week would be better?? We are also trying to figure out which days to go to which parks. We are going to get a 5 day pass but want to have 2 days off to rest during the trip.

ryan · 30 Mar 2017 at 23:42

Of the two selections I would opt for the latter, however, either one at this point would be good. The data will change as we get closer but looking at the current year’s predictions (2017) as a comparison it’s still going to be a great time.

As far as individual park data I’d suggest checking out Undercover Tourist as they update per park. Though it will be a few before you’ll see April 2018 on there.

Best of luck with planning… no matter when you go I’m fairly sure it’ll be a great time. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Jessica Wise · 9 Apr 2017 at 23:44

We took our first trip to Disney in 2015- May 17-May 23, and we had a great time! We were wanting to go the week before Memorial Day again in 2018, but my kids will be in school until May 24th. Is Orange totally crazy if we plan to go the weekend before Memorial Day and stay 7 days? We have to plan around when school lets out. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

ryan · 10 Apr 2017 at 22:25

Historically speaking, that last week of May is when it starts picking up. Do note that for the 2018 calendar there are only three of the six popular calendars aggregated as of now (I’ll update it in about two months when the other come out too). If you look at last years calendar for the same time, it also started getting busy (school is getting out and many don’t go that last week… lucky them).

I’ve never been in May, so personal advice wouldn’t do you any good. The awesome folks at /r/WaltDisneyWorld would be a great resource though. But to answer your specific question regarding if orange is totally crazy… no, it’s just a color. 😉

Jessica Wise · 10 Apr 2017 at 23:27

Thank you so much for your response! Orange happens to be my favorite color 😜 I won’t have to book anything until around September, so I will definitely check back in and see how things look once they are more finalized. I guess, at the end of the day, Disney will be fun no matter what (although less people make it more fun).

Lew (@lewsmind) · 15 May 2017 at 12:10

I’m so glad I found this post, because I was about to do the same work over again. Thanks!

It looks like the missing calendars are now available, if you’d like to update your post.

ryan · 16 May 2017 at 20:35

Thank you so much. I’ll look at getting this updated here soon. I also got another calendar to add to the foray.

Liz · 21 Jun 2017 at 12:01

Hello!!

My family and I are going to book a trip for the last week of September. Will that be a good time crowd wise and weather wise?

Thanks in advance

Liz

ryan · 21 Jun 2017 at 19:30

Other than what the data shows I don’t have any better insight for that time of year, sorry. I think your best bet would be UndercoverTourist for the day by day.

Daphne · 28 Jul 2017 at 09:11

Thanks for putting this calendar together. I had the same frustration as you and this calendar really helps!

ryan · 28 Jul 2017 at 09:41

Thank you for the thanks.

Sarah · 21 Aug 2017 at 09:55

Ryan,
We are thinking about a trip the 1st week of December but I’m concerned about the Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading competition that is generally held that weekend. Any thoughts on how this could effect crowd levels? Thanks!

ryan · 21 Aug 2017 at 16:52

Sarah, I can’t speak from experience, however, I know from forums and from previous crowd calendars that it is a busy weekend.

Liz · 18 Sep 2017 at 10:51

hello, I’m Liz. So it looks like October of 2018, well the end of it will be good. Do you think that will change?